· Tender documents completed. Included the following:
o Full size floodlit all-weather pitch.
o 2 floodlit 35m x 25m all-weather cages.
o Full size floodlit third grass playing pitch.
o Building extension to include additional changing rooms and a strength & conditioning gym.
o Extension to car parking area.
· Tenders have been invited from local contractors. The tenders are due back mid-February.
· Topsoil has already been purchased for the grass pitch and it is stored on site, ready for use.
It is planned to commence work on the entirety of Phase 2 in March and it is hoped that the majority of the project will be completed by the end of 2023. The all-weather playing pitches will be available for use next winter.
· €2 million of the €2.8 million of the Investor Immigrant Programme fund has been received. The balance of €800,000 is expected to be received in the next 3 months.
· Just under €500,000 spent to date, mainly on fees rated to the IIP receipts most of whom can't be paid from the IIP funds per Government guidelines.
· Loan of €650,000 now fully drawn down from BOI with the old AIB loan cleared.
· Interest repayments have increased by €1,000 approx. per month since the ECB rate increases kicked in last year.
· Patrons Board for Phase 1 now in place on the outside wall of the Clubhouse (Picture attached). Hopefully your name is on it!
· We will be doing a second Patrons Board for Phase 2. We are so grateful to all of you who have contributed to the development. We will have a facility at the end of this year that will compete with anything in Connaught and all of you can be very proud of your part in making it happen.
· If any of you know of any friend/family who might like to be a Patron or make a one-off donation they can do so via this link which also includes all bank details https://westportunited.com/products/8726/purchases/new.
· The Adam Mulchrone Memorial Match in aid of ACT For Meningitis between Sligo Rovers & Galway United took place on Saturday at United Park.
· Prior to the match, the main pitch at United Park was named the Adam Mulchrone Memorial Pitch with the unveiling of a plaque.
· JACKPOT €27,900.
· All online entries go directly to the Development Account to help fund the loans. Still just €2 per entry Link to enter - https://westportunited.clubifyapp.com/draws
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the Development Committee if you need any information on the development or any ideas to help progress it.
The Development Committee
Brian Cusack (Chairman), Michael Horan, Eamon Daly, Finian Gardner, Peter Conway, Kevin Cusack, Claire Reilly, Brendan McNally, Colm Keane, Padraic Burns, Peter Flynn